theacademyis.biz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
theacademyis.biz

For fans of The Academy Is... theacademyis.biz v2.0!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aurora
Admin
aurora

Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest Empty
PostSubject: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Let's try this again, shall we?

I still have an unused FTABH blue vinyl record just sitting at my house, waiting for one of you guys to win it.

Here's the rules again, in case anyone needed to look at them again:

This contest is open to any member of www.theacademyis.biz.

Start Date: TODAY!

End Date: Sunday, August 30th 8:00PM EST

Voting begins: Monday, August 31st

Voting ends: Monday, September 7th 11:59PM

Winner will receive: Fast Times at Barrington High Record on blue marble vinyl, which is a great collectors item, even if you don't have a record player. And it's pretty too.

All contest entries must abide by the following rules:

1. Must be a one-shot story based on any of the tracks from Fast Times at Barrington High (including bonus tracks). If you want to add more chapters to your story, you can feel free to do so, but please refrain from posting them until after the voting is closed. I feel that this will make the contest fairer for everyone.

2. All entries must be between 1,500 and 8,000 words.

3. Each participant may enter up to 5 stories in the contest, but each story must be inspired by a different song.

4. Entries can be fan fiction (using the TAI band members in the story), or they can be regular fiction that is just inspired by the songs. If you are writing a fan fiction, be sure to include a disclaimer at the beginning of your story or it will automatically be eliminated from the judging. Also, fan fiction can include other bands as well, but must include at least one member of The Academy Is…

5. As far as ratings go, the highest rating on your one-shot should be PG-13. Some people on this site do not feel comfortable reading NC-17 or M rated stories, and we want as many people to participate in the judging/voting as possible. If you continue your one-shot later on, feel free to change the rating, but until March 23rd keep it at the equivalent of a PG-13 rated movie.

6. Please proof-read your entries or have someone else do it for you. I am asking everyone to vote not only on the content of the story, but also on the grammar/spelling.

7. When posting your story, you must start a new topic in the Fan Fictions thread with your title and the heading: FT IFC Entry. (i.e. One Song: FT IFC Entry). This way, with your own topic for your story, you can feel free to add more to it later after the contest and voting have ended.

8. Other tai.biz members are encouraged to leave feedback on the entries as if they were normal stories. I just wanted to state that because in the last contest (tai.biz promotional contest), members were discouraged from commented on entries because everything was posted on one thread. With the use of different threads, I think it would be nice to be able to give/receive feedback.

9. At the heading of your story, please place the following:

Name of story:

Penname:

FTABH Song Inspiration:

Fiction or Fan Fiction:

Rating:

To join this contest, or for more information, please see the Fast Times at Barring High Inspired Fiction Contest thread on the Fan Fiction page of www.theacademyis.forumotion.com.

If you have questions about the contest, please email aurorajcrew@gmail.com, or PM me on this website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.auroracrew.blogspot.com
chloe_z

chloe_z

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:47 pm

i'm technologically (is that a word??) challenged and have been trying to figure out how to post my story on the new blog thing for the past couple days. pleaseee tell me how.
i know that its past the deadline so i cant be part of the contest but i still want to post the story anyways haha
Back to top Go down
aurora
Admin
aurora

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:51 pm

Sorry about that chloe. In the original message I sent everyone, I left out that you have to add @gmail.com to the username. I sent you a private message.

I'll extend the deadline for this, so now the contest is open until Saturday, September 19th to give anyone else who wants to enter one last chance. Voting will be from Sunday, September 20th until Sunday September 27th.

Thank you for actually showing interest in this. I thought everyone forgot about it, and I'll be so happy to send off that extra TAI record that's been hanging out in my bedroom.
Back to top Go down
aurora
Admin
aurora

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:49 am

uh, i forgot about this until now, and i think everyone else did too. the contest is supposed to be officially over now. Chloe - did you still want to post your story? Please do, because I still have this copy of FTABH on vinyl to send out. And I really want to read what you've written. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
chloe_z

chloe_z

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:57 pm

i'm sorry i totally forgot about this place. schools tarted and i have 4 tests in the next 3 days. could you give me till the weekend to post it? thanks so much, and thanks for reminding me haha
Back to top Go down
aurora
Admin
aurora

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:01 pm

haha, yeah that's cool. whenever you get around to it really. i mean, this contest was started like all the way back in march or something anyway, so i don't think it will matter if it goes one more week.

Good luck with your tests!
Back to top Go down
chloe_z

chloe_z

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:21 am

ok well again sorry i forgot to submit it last weekend. i promise i will submit it by the end of today.
in fact i just wrote it on the back of my hand so i will see it.
Back to top Go down
aurora
Admin
aurora

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 pm

really, whenever you get a chance. I would really love it read it at some point, but since you're the only person entering the contest there's really no hurry. i don't want you to skip out on something important to post it.
Back to top Go down
chloe_z

chloe_z

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:57 pm

ahhh i am actually so rediculous. ok i am attempting to post 2 stories right now. i SWEARRR haha
Back to top Go down
chloe_z

chloe_z

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:21 pm

ok it's not letting me copy and paste my story on the blog...i might be doing something wrong but i'm not sure.
if anyone knows what i should do, can you let me know. if not, can i just email it to you, aurora?
thanks, and again, i apologize for being so late!
Back to top Go down
aurora
Admin
aurora

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:42 am

when you're going to post a blog, click on the tab that says "Edit HTML". Once you're in that tab, it will let you paste. Then click back over to the "Compose" tab to format your story. Just so you know, italics and bold don't copy over from your original doc, so you'll have to go through and do those manually.
Back to top Go down
chloe_z

chloe_z

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:55 am

yay i posted it. took me long enough!!
Back to top Go down
aurora
Admin
aurora

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Chloe, the story is great. I wrote you a review on the blog.

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I added tags to the blog so that people could search for it based on your name, the contest entries (cause there are so many), and the it's a oneshot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest   Fast Times at Barrington High Inspired Fiction Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1